First day of preseason went really well!! I feel like I did more sweating and running than I have all summer, which is great. My stomach was ice cold (always a good thing!) and I’m looking forward to another early morning practice tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll do more core-work and use the hand-weights to strengthen our arms/shoulders.
Current weight: 144
Checkpoints: 140, 135, 130, 125
So I lost weight since my checkup! I’m down to 142.5, which is only a 1.5 difference, but still! I feel better about myself! And I’ll admit, that came as kind of a shock considering I haven’t been running/working out as much as I think I should. But I plan on going for a run later tonight when it isn’t so sunny/hot out. woohoo! haha
- No soda. Not this year.
- Run at least 4-5 days a week before field hockey starts. At least 25 minutes.
- Drink water. Hydrate, etc.
- Try to drink more milk or find calcium/vitamin D supplement. Strong bones are necessary to work out (:
- Plan what to eat for the start of the school year so I’m not stuck eating crap out of the vending machines because I forgot to pack something.
- When going out to eat, make healthier choices. Vegetables over fries, salad over burgers.
- No eating after dinner. Exert some self control.
- Lose at least 5 pounds before the start of school. Should be easier because of preseason and coach kicking my butt.
- Write down everything I eat in a journal. It can’t hurt.
- Portion control!! Take less of everything. Make sure I’m full.
- When eating pasta, make sure it’s whole grain! Even at field hockey pasta parties, I’ll be in charge of the pasta.
- Find a good weight lifting routine and do that at LEAST 5 days a week.